How to Play Irish Poker
Irish Poker is a fun and exciting variation of poker that is also sometimes known as "Bottoms Up" poker. It is similar to the popular game Texas Hold'em, but with a few key differences that make it unique.
If you're interested in learning how to play Irish Poker, read on for a step-by-step guide to the game.
Basic Rules for Irish Poker
Here are the basic rules of Irish Poker:
- Each player is dealt four cards, face down, and must look at their cards before placing a bet.
- After the initial betting round, each player is then required to discard two of their cards, leaving them with just two cards to use for the remainder of the hand.
- The dealer then reveals the first three community cards (also known as the flop), face up, in the center of the table.
- Another round of betting takes place, starting with the player to the left of the dealer.
- The fourth community card (also known as the turn) is then revealed, and another betting round takes place.
- Finally, the fifth and final community card (also known as the river) is revealed, and the last betting round takes place.
After the final betting round, the remaining players reveal their hands. The player with the best hand wins the pot. In the event of a tie, the pot is split evenly between the tied players.
Irish Poker Strategy
One key strategy in Irish Poker is to try to keep as many options open as possible when choosing which cards to discard. It is usually best to get rid of the cards that are least likely to help you create a winning hand, but you also need to consider what community cards might be revealed later in the game.
It's worth noting that Irish Poker is often played as a "no limit" game, which means that there is no maximum bet. This can make the game very exciting and can also lead to some high-stakes hands.
Must Have Rooms
Home to the biggest tournaments online, these rooms also have the largest player base, great bonuses, tons of action and the best software. If you don't have accounts here, you are missing out on the best that online poker has to offer.
$8 FREE No Deposit Needed + 100% up to $1,000
- Lots of freerolls
- No deposit bonus & ongoing promotions
- Plentiful cash game traffic
€365 Welcome Bonus
- Can use your account for other bet365 products
- Wide range of tournaments, many have large guarantees
- Speed Poker (fast-fold) available
50% Instant Cash Bonus + 300% Rakeback
- Soft cash games running around the clock
- Instant cash welcome bonus of up to $250
- 300% of your first deposit received in rakeback